As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

LJ U3LV I2C + LJTickDiv

U3LV LjTicDiv Temp LJ U3LV I2C + LJTickDiv

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Tejas Patel

Tejas Patel
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:43 PM

Hello Fiends,

I have one programme from where I need to measure One Temp. + One MFC  + Two PTs. For that I have One Lab jack U3LV, One KTA-260, Two LJTick-Divider (BIP10V), separate power supply of 24VDC. My MFC has input of 24VDC and output of 0-5VDC. My PTs have input of 24VDC and 0-5VDC output signal. And I am using one K-Type Thermocouple for temp. measurement.

In have attached programme here, I am getting MFC working well, PTs are working well BUT I could not merge TC programme which is for KTA-260 (I2C)...(When I am going to start/begin the sequence, programme gets hand/bug...) I am using DAQFactory Express for this.

If anybody have time, can you please look into this attached file and suggest me how can I do this?

Thank you very much in advance.

Attached Files

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 07:48 AM

For detailed DAQFactory help, I suggest posting on their forum:

http://www.azeotech.com/board/

In your case, I know that a DF example is provided for the KTA-260.  Since that is the complicated part, I suggest you start with that example.  Make sure that example is working, then just add 1 of your analog input channels and make sure you did not break the KTA-260 operation.  Then add your other analog input channels.

#3 Tejas Patel

Tejas Patel
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 05:08 PM

Thanks for reply and suggestions. Now I got two different program and want to merge in one. Simple i want to measure TC+PT+MFC...
Here are two separate program. Can anybody guide me to merge OR can i Run two pregame at a SAME time and can see the output with single U3-LV and with DAQFactory express Trial version?..

Attached File  2 TC Only.ctl   14.59KB   1413 downloads

Attached File  New 01 MFC.ctl   69.03KB   1399 downloads

#4 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 09:24 AM

Here are two separate program. Can anybody guide me to merge OR can i Run two pregame at a SAME time and can see the output with single U3-LV and with DAQFactory express Trial version?..

That does not sound simple ... I doubt it is even possible, and is definitely beyond our level of DF expertise.

Simple i want to measure TC+PT+MFC...

That does sound very simple.  Start with the example provided for the KTA-260, as that is measuring TC for you.  Then you said the other signals are simply analog inputs, so to add 1 or 2 analog inputs to the example you simply add them to the Channels list as described in Section 3.1 of the DF-LJ App Guide:

http://labjack.com/s...j-app-guide/3.1

... then you are reading everything in the same DF program.

#5 Tejas Patel

Tejas Patel
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:21 PM

Hello Guys.

Now I got everything working with Labjack U3LV. I used two LJTick-Div and One LJTick-InAmp. I am measuring One Thermo couple(can be two), One MFC control+display and Two Pressure measurements.

I removed KTA-260 (I2C) and now using LJTick-InAmp.  All Good. But still want to log the data in actual reading form. See the Sample program. 

Thank you very much for help..

Attached Files

#6 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:07 AM

Are you having a problem with logging-to-file in DAQFactory?  There is some information here:

http://labjack.com/s...-lj-app-guide/5

... but beyond that AzeoTech has a specific forum for Logging support:

http://www.azeotech....rum/13-logging/

#7 Tejas Patel

Tejas Patel
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 08:53 PM

i got the point of putting conversion in channel conversion place and it will do automatic conversion before writing to log file. But if i put typeK conversion in Channel conversion than my reading goes to -NaN.. and not actual reading.. so what it could be?

Thanks for reply.

#8 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 09:26 PM

My guess is the voltage reading is not good.  Look at the raw voltage reading and CJ temperature you are passing into the conversion function and see if they make sense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users