As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Python code to control analog output LabJackU3

python u3 labjack analog output

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 axj221

axj221
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 10:17 AM

Hi,

I am new to labjack and python and am having some trouble finding the code to control outputting voltage through the analog outputs that aren't DAC. To control the DAC outputs, I'm using

DAC0_VALUE = d.voltageToDACBits(1.2, dacNumber = 1, is16Bits = False)
d.getFeedback(u3.DAC0_8(DAC0_VALUE))

this sets the DAC0 to 1.2 volts.
How can I do something similar for the FIO outputs?

Thanks for your help

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 10:39 AM

The U3 only has the 2 DAC lines for analog outputs. The FIO and EIO lines are flexible and can be set to analog inputs or digital I/O lines. Digital I/O lines read or set a high or low state. A low state is about 0.0 V and high is 3.3 V. FIO line usage is demonstrated here in the quickstart:

http://labjack.com/s...ython/low-level

If you need more analog outputs, there is the LJTick-DAC which provides 2 additional analog outputs through 2 digital lines.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: python, u3, labjack, analog, output

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users