As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Node.js

javascript node nodejs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chriso

chriso
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 02:29 PM

I'm working on an app that will monitor the AIN ports of a Labjack T7 Pro over Wifi using Node.js and node-webkit.

I was wondering if anyone could set me off in the right direction as far as communicating with the Labjack. I've tried the labjack-nodejs module with no success (no errors, the module just doesn't connect to any devices). I've also tried using a TCP Connection and Modbus module to read the registers manually, also with no success.

I know there is no supported Javascript wrapper or anything, I just figured that I can't be the only one trying to use the LabJack in this manner.

Regards,

ChrisO

#2 LabJack Rory

LabJack Rory

LabJack Employee

• Admin
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:42 PM

Hi ChrisO,

LabJack-nodejs is a good place to start. Our node guy (chrisJohn404) is out of the office at the moment and will be able to add to this answer soon. You may want to start out by verifying the device is able to be communicated with using the included LJM examples:

http://labjack.com/s...rt/ljm/examples

Also, you can try re-installing LJM and collecting any errors you get.

Thanks,

Rory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users