As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Use LabJack as microcontroller

U12microcontroller microchip PIC16C765

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stanciuandrei

stanciuandrei
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 11:34 AM

Hello, I was wondering if I can use The U12 as a standalone microcontroller, to run programs and process data without a computer.

I saw that the device operates using a Microchip PIC16C765 and thought I could program it like an ATmega chip, maybe get it to work in parallel with an Arduino.

I don't know much about electronics and IC's, so I'm sorry if I said something stupid :).

Thanks

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:23 AM

Hello,

The U12 has a one-time-programmable (OTP) microcontroller, so not at all possible.

The U3/U6 have a flash micros and the JTAG port has a header on the PCB.  It would be easy to erase and reprogram the micros, but it would not be easy to interface with other hardware on the PCB or even to replicate functionality our firmware provides.  We do not release our firmware source.

The T7 has Lua scripting support.  You can run scripts that can read & write all the normal registers on the device, just like you would do from an application on a host, but right on the device rather than via USB/Ethernet/WiFi.

http://labjack.com/s...ts/t7/scripting

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users