As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

U3 timer sharing error, but only on the second execution

stepper sharing error second run

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dpouw

dpouw
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 04:56 PM

I have a Labview sequence code that drives a stepper motor for a given number of pulses, stops then counts pulses from an instrument on another channel.

Everything works on the first run, but on the second I get a timer sharing violation and I actually have to reset or uplug the Labjack to get it to work at all again.

Is there some house-keeping step that must be done when switching from one timing mode to another?

Thanks much.

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 11:45 PM

It is a good idea to start programs with LJ_ioPIN_CONFIGURATION_RESET: http://labjack.com/s...j-app-guide/8.2

That way previous configuration doesn't cause conflicts.

#3 dpouw

dpouw
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 02:16 PM

Yes thanks, I tried that at the start or end of the program without any difference.  I noticed the UD library doesn't have a CloseLabjack function, and I wonder if it's something to do with leaving an open reference.

#4 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 02:39 PM

Should not have to do a Close.  Can you recreate this with any of our examples?  Perhaps running one and then another?  If not, take the simplest VI you can make that causes the problem, and send us a screenshot showing information we would need to reproduce.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users