As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

LabJack on USB Hub

usb hub

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kc64

kc64
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 03:13 PM

I have a laptop connected to a control cabinet hosting a USB-to-serial device.  There is only one USB connector on the cabinet housing and adding another would be an issue.  I want to add a LabJack U3-HV to the cabinet and connect to the same USB bus.  Will it run on a USB hub while sharing power with the serial device or should I expect problems?

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 06:44 PM

Any USB device should work on any hub, so should be no problem.

We generally recommend only using USB hubs that have their own power supply (self-powered), and last I looked those were the only ones that actually meet USB specs anyway, but the U3 is low enough in power it would likely work fine in your case even if you are using a non-spec bus-powered hub.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: usb, hub

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users