As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Using a color sensor

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mikelwrnc

mikelwrnc
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:52 AM

Can the labjack u3 be used to interface with this color probe? From the product sheet, I think you could connect as follows:

Sensor --> U3

Ground --> GND

VCC --> VS

RX --> FIO1 (set to digital out)

TX --> FIO2 (set to digital in)

But I'm not quite sure how to use the RX-FIO1 connection to send the commands listed in the product sheet, nor how to use the TX-FIO2 connection to read/convert the output to the ASCII results. Any help would be greatly appreciated :O)

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 12:37 PM

The U3 does support asynchronous serial:

http://labjack.com/s...rs-guide/4.3.12

What software are you planning to use on what operating system?

We need 1 detail that I don't see in the datasheet.  What are the logic levels of the RX input?  For example, is a high >2.0V or >0.7*Vcc?

#3 mikelwrnc

mikelwrnc
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:26 AM

I was planning on using the python interface on an OS X machine.

The product page has a few programming samples at the bottom, possibly those might help? I'm not familiar with arduino nor raspberry pi, so I couldn't evaluate this myself.

#4 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:35 AM

I will have someone else comment on asynchronous through Python, but for the hardware interface we will need to know the logic levels of the RX input?  For example, is a high >2.0V or >0.7*Vcc?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users