As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Update UE9 Firmware issue

Firmware update

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Fla1808

Fla1808
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:58 AM

Hello, In our company we use the UE9 to gather data from testing instruments. Recently i tried to update the firmware of one unit during a remote connection as the units is more than 1200 km. away. The update to v 1.58 of the UE9 comm went well but went i did the UE9 control I lost control of the Labjack. Made a visit on site (sigh), exchanged the device and now i am trying to recover the damaged one. I can load up to control version 1.93 without problem. If I try version 2.26 i have a warning that stored startup settings will be reset to factory default because I am going over version 1.97. Choosing continue, it will do the update but when trying to reconnect to device it will not find it.

Labjack object of the trials has:

Comm. version 1.58

Control Version 1.93

Bootloader Version 1.14

Hardware Version 1.1

Is there a way around this or is there a limitation of version supported by a certain hardware?

Thanks in advance for helping.

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:22 PM

All the UE9 firmwares will run on all UE9 hardware.

Just to double check, you upgraded the Comm. firmware successfully, correct? If not, there is a troubleshooting page for that:

http://labjack.com/s...users-guide/1.2

If you did successfully upgrade your firmware, first try power cycling your UE9 and see if that helps. If not, are you having trouble reconnecting over TCP only? Try testing your UE9 over USB with LJControlPanel and check your UE9's network settings. Also, click Config. Defaults and if the default settings look out of place, like the Watchdog is enabled, write the factory values ("Write Factory Values" button).

If you are having trouble connecting over both USB and TCP, try the hardware method of restoring the factory defaults and see if that helps. To do that, power up the UE9 with a short from FIO2<=>SCL, then remove the jumper and power cycle the device again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users