As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Use UE9-Pro Instead of Potentiometer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 4Strings

4Strings
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:51 PM

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to use a UE9 instead of a three-wire potentionmeter?

I am using LabVIEW to control the LJ.

Thanks,

TC

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:56 AM

I am not sure what you mean.  Do you want to use the UE9 to measure the signal from a pot, or are you going to use the UE9 to control some device?

#3 4Strings

4Strings
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 10:55 AM

I wan to use the UE9 to control a motor pump that is normally controlled by a three-pole manual potentiometer.

Sorr if I wasn't clear.

-TC

#4 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 11:53 AM

We would need more details about the pump control to know, but we can guess that the potentiometer is used to provide a variable voltage signal, and the UE9 can provide a variable voltage signal so that might work.  Do you have a UE9 already?  Any more details about the pump control?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users