As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

U3-HV wrapper Java on Ubuntu don't run

u3 java ubuntu liblabjackusb libLabJackM linux u3-hv LJM

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ssoi

ssoi
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:02 AM

Hello,

I'm working on Ubuntu 14.04 64bits, I'm an Java programmer and I bought an U3-HV because it should be compatible for my job.

I installed exodriver for linux (this installs only liblabjackusb ) and I tried all example and all works correctly.

After I downloaded "Java_LJM_2014_01_02.zip" (link on the same page), and i launched an example but I've this error : " Unable to load library 'LabJackM': Native library (linux-x86-64/libLabJackM.so) "

I don't found any library "labjackM" on my computer, only "liblabjackusb".

My question is, I can use my U3-HV with the Java wrapper on Ubuntu/Debian ? 

And if it's possible, what i forget to do ? 

Thanks for replies.

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 12:44 AM

The LJM Java wrapper only supports the LabJack T7 and Digit, and requires the LJM (libLabJackM.so) driver.

The LabJack U3 uses the Exodriver on Linux, and we currently do not provide a Java wrapper for it. We only provide a U3 Java wrapper on Windows for the UD driver.

To use Java with the Exodriver, you will need to use JNI or JNA (simpler solution) to access the driver's functions.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: u3, java, ubuntu, liblabjackusb, libLabJackM, linux, u3-hv, LJM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users