As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Using the U6 to control two solenoid valves

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bongewj

bongewj
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 11:58 AM

Hi,

I am trying to control two solenoid valves using the U6, ran through MATLAB. I'm trying to use outputs on DAC0 and DAC1 to turn the valves on and off. These outputs are ran through a voltage follower and amplifier to achieve the desired power required. One of the valve runs off 24VDC while the other one requires 5VDC (0.5W). When I run the code in MATLAB, I get the error "Undefined function 'showErrorMessage' for input arguments of type 'MException'." What does this error mean, and how should I go about correcting it? 

Thank you for your help!

Eugene

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 01:44 PM

showErrorMessage is a function provided in the showErrorMessage.m file in the MATLAB examples download. Add that file to your MATLAB path so MATLAB can find the file and function. The MATLAB examples' README.txt talks about how the scripts use the showErrorMessage function and generally how to add all the example files to the path.

#3 bongewj

bongewj
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 07:47 AM

What does UD and .net error mean respectively? Thanks for your help

#4 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 03:19 PM

"UD Error" is an error/exception from our LabJackUD (our driver) software. These are LabJack specific errors.

".NET Error" is an error/exception from the .NET framework.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users