As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

LabJack Error #54

EI-1050 Labview Labview

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 scottrows

scottrows
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 06:34 PM

I am using a Labview program with multiple EI-1050s, all going through a U3-LV.  It was working just fine until one of the 1050s dropped into a tank of water.  I removed that one from the system, but now I cannot get my Labview to run without an error.  There error is

LabJack Error #54:  Error with SHT ACK  occured at LJUD_GetNextResult.vi

Obviously, it is occuring somewhere in the GetNextResult, but I can't seem to locate the issue.  Any suggestions?

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:50 AM

Are you using shared Data/Clock lines and enabling/disabling each probe, or are all probes always enabled with different Data/Clock for each?

For debugging, you would want to look at which call to GetNextResult gives the error.  Which probe is that call trying to talk to and what is the request associated with the result that is throwing an error.

Try using the 2 examples (single and multiple EI-1050 VIs) to talk to your probes.  For example, remove all probes and connect one at a time to FIO4-6 as described in "U3 Single EI-1050 Example.vi".

#3 scottrows

scottrows
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 02:46 PM

It is using shared data and clock lines, just like the Multiple EI-1050 example.  Using the examples (with slight modification to use FIO3 as the brown/enable instead of DAC0), I get the same error in the Multiple example.  I don't get the error in the Single.  I do get the error in the Single if I run it with a 2nd Probe hooked up (ie, it only runs clean if I physically remove the 2nd probe). 

In the Multiple Example, it runs through and takes a reading from each probe once, then the 2nd time through, it is the AddS-Go-Get.vi for the first probe that it gets hung on.  Doesn't matter which one I put first in the program (FIO3 or FIO7). 

Thanks.   

#4 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 03:23 PM

I do get the error in the Single if I run it with a 2nd Probe hooked up (ie, it only runs clean if I physically remove the 2nd probe). 

Do both probes work by themselves?

#5 scottrows

scottrows
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 12:47 PM

Yes, both probes are good.  I got new ones out of the package when this started to make sure it wasn't the probes.  Also, for the Single EI-1050 example, they work with both channel 3 and 7 as the enable channel.

#6 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:14 PM

So you have the following connections correct?

Both Probes:
Red (Power)         FIO6
Black (Ground)     GND
Green (Data)        FIO4
White (Clock)       FIO5

Probe A:  Brown (Enable)    FIO7
Probe B:  Brown (Enable)    FIO3

With that setup, the multiple and single example both do not work?

What if you do:

Probe A:  Brown (Enable)    FIO7
Probe B:  Brown (Enable)    DAC0

... and then try the multiple example.

What if you do:

Probe A:  Brown (Enable)    FIO6
Probe B:  Brown (Enable)    GND

... and then try the single example a couple times?

What if you do:

Probe A:  Brown (Enable)    GND
Probe B:  Brown (Enable)    FIO6

... and then try the single example a couple times?

I'm thinking it is likely an enable/disable problem.  A workaround might be to hook up the probes with separate data/clock lines and leave them both always enabled.  Something like:

Probe A:

Red (Power)         FIO6
Black (Ground)     GND
Green (Data)        FIO4
White (Clock)       FIO5
Brown (Enable)    FIO6

Probe B:

Red (Power)         FIO6

Black (Ground)     GND
Green (Data)        FIO0
White (Clock)       FIO1
Brown (Enable)    FIO6