As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Pulse simulation

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RockWentz

RockWentz
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 12:42 AM

Hello,

I would like to simulate a pulse train with maximum 2.5 micro second width. Can I control the amplitude of the pulse?

I have tried and did a pulse with 10 micro seconds and ampiltude of 1V, I would like it to be 1.5V ish.

Please help me, I'm currently using Python.

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:03 AM

I would like to simulate a pulse train with maximum 2.5 micro second width.

So you would like 2.5us positive pulses.  What frequency?  How many pulses ... or do you just want to start/stop continuous pulses through software commands?

General related information in the Waveform Generation App Note:

http://labjack.com/s...form-generation

Can I control the amplitude of the pulse?  I have tried and did a pulse with 10 micro seconds and ampiltude of 1V, I would like it to be 1.5V ish.

If you need variable amplitude, you can use the DAC, but that would not work for your quick times.  For your quick times, you would create a 0/3.3V waveform on a digital output, and use that waveform to control a switch of some sort that is gating the variable voltage from a DAC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users