As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Changing timer mode without resetting all timers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ojibberish

ojibberish
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 09:25 PM

Hello, 

I am using Labview to control a Labjack U6. I would like to change my timer mode on Timer0 from FREQOUT to PWM, and using the standard etc sb config VI to change the mode on Timer0, resets Timer1, which I have configured as a FIRMCOUNTER. I would like to be able essentially disable the output on the FREQOUT Timer0 without affecting the other configured timers. Is there a way to do this using the provided VIs?

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 11:06 PM

The etc sb config VI function sets many of the U6 configuration options to make timer/counter setup as painless as possible. It does not include the capability to modify one timer without reconfiguring the entire timer system.

To configure just one timer you need to make the appropriate series of call to AddRequest then GoOne. You can find pseudocode for timer configuration here: http://labjack.com/s...ers-guide/4.3.6. I believe you can get away with just two AddReguests starting at "Configure Timer0 as 8-bit PWM. Of course, the GoOne then has to be called.

If the pseudocode is not making much sense to you then reading through 4.1 should get you up to speed: http://labjack.com/s...users-guide/4.1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users