As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Basic U3-LV connectivity via C#

C# U3

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jajones

jajones
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:28 PM

I have had the U3-LV for a long time but never really used it until today.  I got it installed and the firmware updated to the latest revision.  LJControlPanel is able to find it and I am able to manipulate the configuration.  However, when I attempt to use the SPI C# example, it is unable to open the device.  I am getting the LJME_ATTR_LOAD_COMM_FAILURE error when I call LJM.Open().  Here is how I am making the call:

LJM.OpenS("ANY", "ANY", "ANY", ref handle);

I have also tried:

LJM.Open(LJM.CONSTANTS.dtU3, LJM.CONSTANTS.ctUSB, "ANY", ref handle);

with the same results.  We are attempting to use the LabJack as a way to communicate directly with a SPI peripheral we are not sure is functioning properly with a new board design.  Any pointers / assistance is greatly appreciated.

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:51 PM

You are using the LJM driver and C# examples which only supports the LabJack T7 and Digit at the moment. For the U3 you will need to use the UD driver (which supports the UE9, U3 and U6) and its C# SPI example from here:

http://labjack.com/s...examples/dotnet

#3 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:55 PM

Also, general SPI usage documentation and pseudocode using the UD driver can be found here:

http://labjack.com/s...rs-guide/4.3.10

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: C#, U3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users