As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Control LED not blinking

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 crazyrock

crazyrock
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:42 AM

I have a few labjack modules that I am playing around with. One of them seems to be behaving strangely while trying to communicate using Python. I have also noticed the control LED is dead, doesn't repsond when I plug USB connection in and out. Is this a sign of firmware corruption ?

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:53 AM

Is this a UE9?  No activity from the Control LED at all?  Even at power up?  Test with nothing connected except USB or power supply (no I/O connections).

http://labjack.com/s...users-guide/2.4

Step 2b might be what you are seeing:

http://labjack.com/s...users-guide/1.2

#3 crazyrock

crazyrock
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:32 AM

yup, its a UE9.

No activity on control LED at all even on powerup. The comm LED flashes when USB is connected to it, but then stops flashing after a few times.

I tried updateing the FW with LJSelfUpgrade but that gave the 'Error erasing page 8' message. Will retry that again.

#4 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:41 AM

You have to at least get some power-up activity on the Control LED.  If you can't get that with any of the jumpers or anything else, there is likely damage and we will need to look at the device, so if that is the case contact [email protected] for an RMA number.

#5 crazyrock

crazyrock
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:44 AM

okay, this is odd. its working now. I didn't wind up updating the fw on that.

I didn't check the board after trying the LJSelfUpgrade a couple of days back, just assumed it didn't work since it gave that error message. That seems to have done the trick, LED's blinking normally now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users