As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Setup Multiple LJTick-DAC

LJTick-DAC DAC

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 daromander

daromander
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:58 AM

Hi, I am trying to set up multiple LJTick-DAC onto one LabJack U3-HV using Visual Basic 2010 Express. I can easily set up one using the example code provided (LJUD.ePut(device.ljhandle, LJUD.IO.PUT_CONFIG, LJUD.CHANNEL.TDAC_SCL_PIN_NUM, pinNum, 0)) with pinNum being the pin number it is plugged in on. Now when I set DACA and DACB it will set with regard to that pin number. But if I have another LJTick-DAC how do I configure that one onto a different pin number? Do I have to rerun the example code just with pinNum being different and just every time I want to set the DAC I will need to rerun the code or is there a way to specify that I am totally over looking?

Thanks for helping out with this simple question. If you don't understand, please just say so.

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:53 AM

You need to set the pin number to the digital line your other LJTick-DAC is connected to and then set its DACA and DACB. For example, if the first LJTick-DAC is connected to FIO4/FIO5, set "pinNum = 4" in the example to use it. If the second LJTick-DAC is connected to FIO6/FIO7, set the "pinNum = 6" to use it.

#3 daromander

daromander
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:05 AM

Ok, thank you for your help.

This requires me to recall the configure command but that is no big deal.

Thanks again

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LJTick-DAC, DAC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users