As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

LJSteamUD.vi not running with the LV Base Development System

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 FxDwg03

FxDwg03
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:35 AM

I am trying to run the LJStreamUD.vi for the U3 but it will not run. 

It appears I need the NI_Gmath.Lvib which I do not have a lic for.  I only have the Base Development System and not the Full Development System.

Is there a option to get these example to run with only the Base Development System VIs?

I hope I can get this program to run. I will really impress some people around here.

Thanks

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:19 PM

If you just want to run the program use LJStreamUD.exe.

If you want to make your own LabVIEW program that uses stream mode, it is much easier to start with "U3 easy Stream Example.vi".

If you want to open the LJStreamUD source, but don't have some LabVIEW features, you need to remove those features from the program.  I'm thinking the math features you are missing are used in the scaling functionality, so I have attached a modified version of "LJstreamUD apply formula to array.vi" that does not do any scaling.  Replace your current version of that VI with the attached version and then open LJStreamUD.vi.

Attached Files

#3 FxDwg03

FxDwg03
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:42 AM

Thanks for you quick and most excellent reponse and solution.

I feel a little sheepish because I didn't notice the U3 easy Stream Example.vi.

That is what happen when a tunnel vision person tries to multi task.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users