As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Controlling simple servo motor from RadioShack

servo U6 PWM

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 camcmil2

camcmil2
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:15 AM

I'm trying to use a U6 LabJack for an experimental setup in my lab.  I want to run a servo motor that rotates a shaft to turn an impeller.  The impeller will be mixing a tank of liquid.  I am in the process of reading LabJack forums about this topic; however, I have yet to find anything about controlling servo motors with a U6 LabJack. How do I hook up a simple servo motor to the LabJack and how would I control it with the LabJack control?

I know I need to be sending a PWM output from the LabJack to the motor every one or two milliseconds, but other than that my knowledge is very basic.  I really know very little about the LabJack U6 and the motor.

Also, I am planning on getting an external power supply so the motor is not directly running off the LabJack.

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:53 AM

Some good info here to get started:

https://forums.labja...?showtopic=6734

Use the test panel in LJControlPanel and try the same settings discussed for the UE9 in that topic.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: servo, U6, PWM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users