As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

u6 and LJStream

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 biff44

biff44
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:28 PM

I have LJStreamUD V1.17 running with a U6.  Three analog inputs.  I have the three inputs hooked to AIN0, AIN1, and AIN2, with them all sharing a GND screw.

My LJStreamUD is set up as:

#Channels : 3

Scan Rate 50 hz

Resolution:8

Settling factor 0

write to file filled in

data file prefix:data

current data file: none

Max file size 100,000

As I stream files build up in the folder I made my working directory

0, CH+=0, CH-=0, Range=+/-10, y=a

1, CH+=1, CH-=0, Range=+/-10, y=b

2, CH+=2, CH-=0, Range=+/-10, y=c

Time  v0  v1  v2  y0  y1  y2

then a bunch of data.

QUESTION:  can I get the .dat file to only show columns of time, v0, v1, and v2?

It shows y0 as the same value as v0, y1 as the same value as v1....

I have to strip the header off the .dat file, load it into excel as space delimited, and then delete the y0, y1, and y2 columns to use the data.  Can I just get

LJStream to record the data with the 4 columns only, leaving out y0, y1, and y2?

Thanks

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:01 AM

No, LJStreamUD is a simple program and does not allow you to configure the data file that way.  It always writes the raw data and scaled data.

If you have LabVIEW you could modify the source to do what you need, although most people start with "U6 easy Stream.vi" if they are going to make their own stream program in LabVIEW.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users