As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

UE9, I2C - Send only Slave Address + R/W bit

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jthurbs

jthurbs
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:47 AM

Hi,

I am using LabjackPython on a UE9 on Windows 7 to communicate with a ZMDI ZSC31014 (a signal conditioner) over I2C.  The process to obtain data from the signal conditioner includes sending an I2C reqest for a measurement conversion and then a separate I2C transaction to read the data.  The transaction that initiates the measurement calculation is a Start Condition, the 7 bit Slave Address, the Read Bit, the Slave Ack, and the Stop Condition. 

I cannot figure out how to send this using the labjack. I tried using the UE9.i2c() function with I2CBytes = [] and NumI2CBytesToReceive = 0, but it only sends a start condition and then a stop condition.  Any help would be appreciated.

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:51 PM

Here's the Python i2c method with parameters:

Name: UE9.i2c(Address, I2CBytes, ResetAtStart = False, EnableClockStretching = False, SpeedAdjust = 0, SDAPinNum = 0, SCLPinNum = 1, NumI2CBytesToReceive = 0, AddressByte = None)
Args: Address, the address (not shifted over)
    I2CBytes, must be a list of bytes to send.
    See section 5.3.20 of the user's guide.
    AddressByte, The address as you would put it in the lowlevel
    packet. Overrides Address. Optional

Here's the I2C documentation which explains the parameter settings:

If this information doesn't help with setting the parameters and I2C communications, we'll have someone help further. Also, please provide the i2c call you are performing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users