As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Streaming with U6 and mux80 using Labview

mux80 labview stream

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 HaSo

HaSo
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:05 AM

HI,

I just got the U6 with a mux80 and CB37 boards. I was wondering how to get started with streaming data to a file from the AIN channels on the mux80. Is it possible to do this with any of the available codes on the website or do I have to custom build an application? Are there any codes or VIs you could send me to help get me started? You guys must have something with which you test the mux80. Otherwise, I am a novice at Labview so I was wondering if it is easier to start from LJStreamUD, and if so, then which files would I need to look at first? 

Thanks for the help

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:23 AM

You can use LJStreamUD.exe for up to 16 channels.  For more than 16 channels you could check out DAQFactory but you will have to buy a higher version to get support for lots of channels:

http://www.azeotech.com/j/index.php

Making your application in LabVIEW is certainly an option.  If you are a novice, don't start with LJStreamUD as that is a big complex app.  Instead start with "U6 easy Stream.vi".  All you have to do is add more elements to "Scan List (+)" on the front panel to scan more channels.

To do much modifying of the code for that LabVIEW example, you will need to understand arrays so make sure you go through some LabVIEW help & tutorials about arrays.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mux80, labview, stream

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users