As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Tachometer using open collector square wave

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 martinmathias

martinmathias
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:18 AM

Morning, Apologies if cross posting or missed something obvious but very new labjack and DAQFactory.  Any pointers to existing files, posts, and comments warmly received

I have just picked a half completed test rig that I have been asked to finish within the next 48hrs so as to allow some testing that will affect the use of some equipment on a big sporting event.

Are there any examples of a tachometer using open collector square wave?

I need to get the RPM of a shaft, the problem is that the hardware gives 360 counts per rev, believe it’s really meant for angle measurement not tacho.  With a shaft of up to 125 rpm that’s 750 pulses per second.  An update of the rpm once a second would be fine, but don’t know if I can count fast enough.  I’m very very new to labjack and when I did something similar before it was with NI kit and think did it in hardware.    Maybe I’m over simplifying it but count how many pulses in a second, do the math then send results to DAQFactory.  Really looking forward to learning the full potential but if there is an example i can learn from it would be a great help

Apologies if cross posted but desperate to get this working or at least find out if possible and work out a plan B if not

Kind regards

Martin 

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:25 AM

We responded on AzeoTech's forum:

http://www.azeotech....or-square-wave/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users