As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

U6 with mux80 - Sampling rate and time

mux80 sampling time sampling rate

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 HaSo

HaSo
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:54 AM

Hi there,

I am contemplating getting a U6 along with a mux80 multiplexer and 4 CB37 boards (for a total of 84 channels). I will probably be running it on a USB 2.0 connection with 16-bit resolution and +-10V range. My questions are:

1. What maximum sampling rate should I expect with these settings if I use all 84 channels? Is it close to 50000/84?

2. I have used DAQs in the past that have a limited sampling time depending on the computer RAM. Is there such a thing as a maximum sampling time for the U6?

Thanks for the help. Of course, if you see any other potential issues with this configuration, please let me know.

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:57 PM

What you describe sounds fine.  You should be able to stream at 50k/84, and you can expect to do that continuously as long as some software is running such as LJStreamUD.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mux80, sampling time, sampling rate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users