As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

analog to digital

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 johnry31

johnry31
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:05 PM

Hi,

I have a labjack u12 working with labview. I am reading an analog input from a temperature sensor and relaying this to a pid controller. The pid vi within labview is then giving a resulting analog signal. I am currently using this to power my heater element through the easy analog out vi. I want to convert this analog signal to a digital signal that would allow the solid state relay pulse more. Any ideas of how this maybe done?

John.

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:15 AM

The U12 is our oldest device, and is not very good for PWM.  You can turn the relay on/off yourself using software timing, or for hardware PWM check out the PulseOut functions:

http://labjack.com/s...sers-guide/4.25

Our newer devices, such as the U3, U6, and T7, are much better at producing PWM outputs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users