As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

UE9 Reading Data Matlab

matlab getdata read eu9

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mboots

mboots
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:56 AM

Hi I need to read 12 channels on the EU9. I am using the EU9 with Matlab.

I was wondering if there was a way to read all the data on a channel in one call. Thus not needing to use the GetFirstResult and the GetNextResult to move through all the data one value at a time. I might be incorrect in how these commands work though.

Please let me know if there is a way to get all the data at once from the buffer for a given channel. 

Thank you.

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:14 PM

If using the AddRequest calls, after your Go/GoOne call you use the GetResult (or its variation GetFirstResult and GetNextResult) calls to get the response data. Alternatively, if you'd rather do your Add/Go/Get calls in one call and use arrays, there is the eAddGoGet function. Note though that 12 AddRequest calls (and the 1 Go and 12 GetRequests) for the 12 channels is just as efficient as the 1 eAddGoGet call for the 12 channels in regards to the UD driver's internal command/response communications to/from the UE9.

For UD driver functions documentation refer to section 4.2 of the User's Guide:

http://labjack.com/s...users-guide/4.2

Also, section 4.1 gives an overview on the UD drivers Add/Go/Get operations:

http://labjack.com/s...users-guide/4.1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: matlab, getdata, read, eu9

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users