As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Getting voltage in 0-3.6 range with Linux for UI1022 Temp probe

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mousumih

mousumih
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:11 PM

I have connected the UI1022 temperature probe to LabJack. I can read the voltage in 0-3.6 V range with a Windows example using the following call (instead of using LJ_ioGET_AIN which gives 0-2.5 V range)

lngErrorcode = AddRequest (lngHandle, LJ_ioGET_AIN_DIFF, 2, 0, 32, 0);

How do I do the same for a Linux application. I do not see the appropriate calls from the Linux examples provided. I am currently using the allIO example, which uses the call:

getAinVoltCalibrated_hw130(caliInfo, 1, 31, ainBytes, &valueAIN);

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:00 PM

The easiest way to use the 0-3.6 V (-10/+20 for HV) special range using the Linux C code is to use the eAIN function and pass a value of 32 for the negative channel (ChannelN). Low-level wise, for the special range you perform the reading with negative channel 30 (Vref) and when converting the reading to volts in the getAinVoltCalibrated_hw130 pass negative channel 32. The special range (Channel 32) is described here in more detail:

http://labjack.com/s...ers-guide/2.6.1

For low-level code, look at the eAIN function source code in the u3.c file.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users