As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Moving to Windows 7 from XP

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 embayweather

embayweather
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:23 AM

If I am moving my system from XP to Windows 7 (in view of recent announcements), what precautions should I take to ensure all will run smoothly on the new machine? My new machine (running under Parallels on a Mac) is Windows 7 Ultimate. I am moving across DAQFactory as well , so my weather station can keep running.

Thanks for your help.

Best wishes

Mike

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:41 PM

There shouldn't be too much to worry about going from XP to Windows 7, as most the software should be compatible on both.  The main factor would be if the Windows 7 copy is 64-bit or not, but our current installer contains both the 32-bit and 64-bit files you need.  If you do run into any issues though please let us know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users