As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

LM35 with UE9

LM35 UE9 DataLogger

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lingue

Lingue
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:43 PM

Hi im trying to get started with python for labjack ue9. i have not use python before... 
i'll try to detect LM35 with UE9  but i don't know how to do? can anyone help me?
I'm using python and Ubuntu 13.10..

thx before, best regard's 

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:57 PM

For the LJ35 you will want to connect the sensor's Vs, Vout and GND line to one of the UE9's VS, AIN (analog input), GND lines. From there you read the voltage from the AIN line connected to the sensor's Vout and convert that to Celsius (10 mV/C). On a UE9 you can read an AIN multiple ways. Here's one way to read from AIN0 using Modbus:

#Open the UE9 whose object is d

volt = d.readRegister(0) #Reading from address 0 = AIN0. 2 = AIN1, 4 = AIN2, etc.

#Convert volt to Celsius

On our site we provide a temperature sensor application note, which discusses LM34 sensors and mentions the LM35:

http://labjack.com/s...erature-sensors

#3 Lingue

Lingue
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:38 PM

For the LJ35 you will want to connect the sensor's Vs, Vout and GND line to one of the UE9's VS, AIN (analog input), GND lines. From there you read the voltage from the AIN line connected to the sensor's Vout and convert that to Celsius (10 mV/C). On a UE9 you can read an AIN multiple ways. Here's one way to read from AIN0 using Modbus:

#Open the UE9 whose object is d

volt = d.readRegister(0) #Reading from address 0 = AIN0. 2 = AIN1, 4 = AIN2, etc.

#Convert volt to Celsius

On our site we provide a temperature sensor application note, which discusses LM34 sensors and mentions the LM35:

http://labjack.com/s...erature-sensors

>>> import ue9
>>> d = ue9.UE9()
>>> volt = d.readRegister(0)

i have no reaction after use command like this..
how to show that output and convert volt to celcius?

#4 Lingue

Lingue
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:06 PM

>>> import ue9

>>> myUE9 = ue9.UE9()
>>> myUE9.readRegister(0)

i got a voltage and now how to convert to celcius and then show the output ?

#5 ARDUINEM

ARDUINEM
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:46 AM

this case are solved?

#6 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:23 PM

Multiply the read voltage by 100 for degrees Celsius (10 mV/C).

volt = d.readRegister(0)
tempC = volt * 100
print "Temperature (Celsius) = " + str(tempC)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LM35, UE9, DataLogger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users