As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Android (again) and Host mode

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gabriel Klein

Gabriel Klein
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:40 AM

Hi,

Any idea when you will support android?

You can use one of these adapters. (~1$)

http://dx.com/p/micr...pter-pair-50774

They have some API in the SDK to access

http://developer.and...y/usb/host.html

You have a special mode called "host mode" - and the base is linux - so I'll try to do some things with the exodriver. You need to root your device.

It may be popular as many companies are building product for mobile phones... (This IoT stuff...)

Regards,

Gabriel

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:10 PM

Thank you for the information. Currently there is no time schedule on Android USB support, but we do plan on looking at that at some point.

We are however working on an Android demonstration for the T7 which will work for the UE9 as well. It will demonstrate T7/UE9 interaction using TCP and the Modbus protocol, and will not need a driver from us or a USB connection to the Android. The demonstration uses the jamod library, but you can basically use any Modbus library and TCP to use a T7 and UE9 on Android.

#3 Gabriel Klein

Gabriel Klein
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:36 AM

Ok I did some work with the android version... using usb host mode.

On the U6 I can control the voltage of the output. You don't even need native mode. :)

I've used JNI to avoid reimplementing some of the algorythms (these "checksum" functions), but it seams to work perfectly on an android phone without access to low level layers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users