As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

U3-HV "Device not calibrated" warning message

U3

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LabCo

LabCo
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:17 AM

I have a LabJack U3-HV (hardware version 1.3 and firmware version 1.46).

When using the LJ Control Panel application, the following message appears in the status panel:

"Warning: Device not calibrated, using default cal constants."

Is there a procedure for correcting this problem? Thank you.

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:53 AM

Can you please provide us the following information:

1. What is the serial number of the U3? You can find that using LJControlPanel or on the sticker on back of the U3.

2. How new is the device and was it working previously without the warning message?

3. Did you purchase your U3 directly from LabJack or from a distributor?

#3 LabCo

LabCo
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:33 AM

Can you please provide us the following information:

1. What is the serial number of the U3? You can find that using LJControlPanel or on the sticker on back of the U3.

2. How new is the device and was it working previously without the warning message?

3. Did you purchase your U3 directly from LabJack or from a distributor?

1. Serial Number: 320036504

2. Purchased four years ago (Jan. 2010). This unit was used in a Linux device driver programming course about six or seven months ago. Prior to that time it was working correctly (i.e., no calibration warning). It has been in storage since then, until I checked the unit this week.

3. The U3 was purchased directly from the labjack.com website.

#4 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:00 AM

So LJControlPanel does report:

Firmware Version 1.460

Bootloader Version 0.270

Hardware Version 1.300

If you go to the test panel does it seem normal?

The cal constants seem to have been erased somehow.  I suggest you email [email protected] and request an RMA, and we will recalibrate the device for you.

#5 LabCo

LabCo
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:45 AM

So LJControlPanel does report:

Firmware Version 1.460

Bootloader Version 0.270

Hardware Version 1.300

If you go to the test panel does it seem normal?

The cal constants seem to have been erased somehow.  I suggest you email [email protected] and request an RMA, and we will recalibrate the device for you.

Yes, LJControlPanel shows exactly the same version numbers. LJControlPanel seems able to access and control the U3 correctly

I measured some of the outputs with a digital multimeter. It appears that VS, DAC0/1, and FIOs configured as digital outputs are about 0.1 V too high. The panel claims the temperature is 39 degrees C. I also have a brand-new U3-HV that was purchased last week. Using the same DMM, the measured voltages are much closer to the expected set values.

#6 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:14 PM

Digital outputs are not calibrated, but all the analog stuff is.  When the cal constants are erased or otherwise corrupted, the UD driver uses default constants so your readings are somewhat close but likely not in spec.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: U3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users