As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Ported to Scala

scala port

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 porl

porl
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:22 AM

Well I seem to have been bored as I decided to have a go at porting the LJM/LJMException classes to Scala.

So far everything seems to work correctly (although I have certainly not tested it vigorously).

I have posted the code to github here.

I wasn't sure how to update the version etc. in the comments without making it look like I had written it all (it was largely an automated port) so I just added my details at the bottom. I hope this is OK. If not, please let me know what to change it to.

I hope this is useful to someone. Let me know if there are any issues.

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:05 AM

Thank you for posting this. What you have is fine and you can do your own versioning for your Scala code. Your first version's comment can look something like:

vX.XX - Initial Scala release. Generated/derived from LabJack's Java LJM wrapper v0.91.

In general, you can modify our documentation/comments in your code how you like. Just mention somewhere that it was derived from the LabJack's Java LJM wrapper. Also, in the README for clarification for users maybe mention the JNA Java library and LJM driver requirements or just provide our Java page's link here and mention it has the same requirements/prerequisites:

http://labjack.com/s...m/examples/java

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users