As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

First Time LabJack User

LabView beginner

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CrashMcLars1

CrashMcLars1
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

I am a first time LabJack user (LabJack U3) and very new to LabView.  I got myself somewhat familiar with the LabView software and got my LabJack set up and running with the LabJack software and driver package and followed the quick start guide.  I was able to successfully get the LabJack to communicate with LabView and run using some of the example codes.  My problem is I can't get started writing my own codes because I don't know where to find any of the basic LabView functions involving LabJack.  Do I need to install a function library of some sort or should it already be there since I was able to get the example codes running? Thanks!

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

All the function VIs are in the same LabVIEW_LJUD archive as the examples you have tried.  Wherever you unzipped the archive is where you will find the function VIs.

The readme.txt in the archive talks a little about this:

The downloadable zip file "LabVIEW_LJUD.zip" extracts to a single

folder called "LabVIEW_LJUD" which contains this readme file, a
.mnu file, and a few subdirectories.  The folder can be stored
anywhere, but if you want icons to show up on the LabVIEW function
palette (after restarting LabVIEW), place this folder under:

...\national instruments\labview #\vi.lib\addons\

If the function palette icons are not required, a common place to
store this folder is ...\LabJack\examples\.  We have found that most
people, including us, just do this.  Instead of using palette icons
to select LabJack VIs, most people just:

1)  copy and paste from examples,

... and

2) use the "Select a VI..." balloon from the function palette.

#3 CrashMcLars1

CrashMcLars1
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:56 AM

Awesome, Thanks a lot!

I read through the readme.txt earlier but I guess I didn't know what it was talking about with the functions palette icons since I am new to LabVIEW as well.  But now that I read through it again it makes sense and I don't know why I didn't get it before.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LabView, beginner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users