As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Operate U6 in Vakuum or pressure

U6 vakuum pressure

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tirolermic

tirolermic
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:02 AM

Does anybody see any reasons for putting the U6 not into a vacuum or 5bar SF6 atmosphere?

As there should not be any gastight parts in there I see no reason for not doing it... ;-)

It would help me a lot if I could place my U6 into my test vessel where I have such coditions.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers Michael

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:25 AM

The U6 consists of standard semiconductor components.  I don't know of anything that is gastight, or otherwise might have problems in a vacuum, but then again have never noticed that any of the components said vacuum is okay.

#3 tirolermic

tirolermic
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:10 AM

Vacuum down to 0.2 mbar works, just tried it! :-)

#4 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:57 AM

If you want to do some more testing, a couple ideas:

- Jumper a channel to ground, and watch the reading as you change pressure to see how it changes.  I would expect a small change with temperature, but not sure about the vacuum.

- I wonder if the vacuum affects the quartz crystal that makes the clock for the microcontroller.  A way to check that would be to set up a timer in period measurement mode, and then feed that timer a fixed frequency from outside the chamber.  I would expect a small change with temperature, but not sure about the vacuum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users