As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Project to give away: didactic lab software

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ulrich Leutner

Ulrich Leutner
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:01 AM

Hi folks,

last year, i started an open source project, which aims to be a didactic lab software in the

style of cassy-lab (don't know, how the pasco-software is named) but with

the using philosophy of labwindows/cvi.

example files are in the "examples" directory of the github repository, they make a good overview, how

the software is used.

Toolkit is QT (PySide)

this is the github page:

https://github.com/kaschpal/duckdaq

this is the documentation so far

(without the api reference, but it builds locally, if you clone the repository, go to the "doc"-directory and "make html")

in fact, the _WHOLE API IS COMPLETELY DOCUMENTED_

http://duckdaq.readt...test/index.html

The state is incomplete but usable. A plotter, a stopwatch and several displays are already written, also a

driver for a lm335 thermometer, light-barriers and general rotary motion sensors, based on light-barriers.

The sources are very well documented.

I also started to write a tutorial, but the whole project stalled, because - and this is the reason, i hope somebody

want's to use it or parts of it - me and my girlfriend are expecting addition to the family.

I simply don't have time anymore to maintain and develop a project of this size in my spare time.

In fact, I wanted at least to complete the tutorial, but I can't find time for it, so I hope someone can find at least parts of it useful.

This project was started by me, because I missed a software like this and I can't image I'm the only one.

Hopefully,

Ulrich

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:08 PM

Thank you for posting this for others. To clarify how this is related to LabJack, a U3-HV is used as described in the documentation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users