As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

converting to Win 7 64-bit from Win 7 32 bit

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bptsj

bptsj
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:12 AM

I have several Java projects that compile & run on a Win 32 system but I am having trouble porting the projects to Win 7  64-bit.

I have LabJackM.dll, LabJackUD.dll and LabJackWUSB.dll in both the system32 and sysWow64 directories. I also have LJUDJava.dll in the sysWow64 folder. My Netbeans project reports "no LJUDJava in java.library.path".

What files need to be in what directories?

--- Also, when I deploy Java projects to a 64-bit Win 7 platform which driver files do I need to place where?

Thanks,

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:10 PM

Currently the UD Java wrapper only supports 32-bit Java. You will need 32-bit Java installed and running your application. 32-bit UD dlls, and in general 32-bit dlls, are in sysWOW64. The LabJackUD.dll and LabJackWUSB.dll files in these directories are what you need.

Also, try copying LJUDJava.dll to sysWOW64 and see if that helps your error. I would expect 32-bit Java to search sysWOW64 for dlls and 64-bit Java to search system32.

#3 bptsj

bptsj
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:39 PM

I uninstalled Netbeans and I started over and loaded 32-bit Java with Netbeans using jdk-7u40-nb-7_3_1-windows-i586.

This now works,

Thanks

#4 newUser1

newUser1
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:15 AM

Hi,

I am running a custom program which uses the LJUDJava.jar. I have a 64 bit system. As suggested I put my .dll file in the SysWoW64 folder.

try {
            System.load("C:/Windows/SysWOW64/LJUDJava.dll");
        } catch (UnsatisfiedLinkError e) {
            System.err.println("Native code library failed to load.\n" + e);
            System.exit(1);
        }

But I keep getting this error:

Native code library failed to load.
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Users\NTC\workspace\Labjack\src\labjack\LJUDJava.dll: Can't load IA 32-bit .dll on a AMD 64-bit platform

I am using Eclipse. Any help is appreciated.

#5 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:52 PM

The UD Java wrapper only supports 32-bit Java. Make sure you run your application with the 32-bit JVM, otherwise you'll get errors indicating you can't load a 32-bit dll on a 64-bit version of Java like you are seeing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users