As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Hardware Triggering an Output Pulse (PWM)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GeorgSoerensen

GeorgSoerensen
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:04 AM

Is there a way to use an input signal (ttl) to trigger the U6 to (begin) output a PWM signal?

Currently I am using command/response method to output the PWM after waiting for an input signal from my equipment.

I could speed up my process if I could have the equipment directly trigger a PWM sequence.

I've seen that hardware triggering isn't available for reading data (most notably voltages) but can a counter (count to 1) be used to trigger an output pulse?

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:20 AM

No, the U6 can't do that.  Perhaps you could put a gate IC in series with the PWM signal, and have the trigger control the gate?

#3 GeorgSoerensen

GeorgSoerensen
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:19 PM

That won't work for me. I have a moving platform that needs to be in sync with the signal. A constant/consistent delay is fine but I can't have the trigger occuring at random points in the PWM signal. I built something similar 20 years ago using a ttl signal to trigger a PWM, just hoping it was an available option on your DAQ.

Thanks for the quick response.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users