As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

U3 streamimg

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Selvia

Selvia
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:32 PM

Hi,

I am working with Labjack U3. I am acquiring data in python based on the maximum number of request.

The Labjack U3 is used to acquire skin temperature measurements. How do I convert the voltages obtained through Labjack U3 to their corresponding temperatures?

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:35 AM

What kind of temperature sensor do you have?

#3 Selvia

Selvia
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:43 PM

I am using BioNomadix Skin Temperature transducer which uses stainless steel banjo design to uniformly record  skin surface temperature. 

#4 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:00 AM

What type of temperature sensor is it:

http://labjack.com/s...erature-sensors

Do they provide a relationship between voltage and temperature?  Can you provide a link to electrical specifications?

#5 Selvia

Selvia
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:55 AM

The details of the equipment being used to measure skin temperature is given below: (Refer page 12 of http://www.biopac.co...adix Series.pdf)

Skin Temperature Transducer BN-TEMP-A-XDCR 
Nominal Resistance: 2252 ohm at 25°C 
Maximum operating temperature: 60°C 
Accuracy and Interchangeability: 0.2°C 
Response Time: 1.1 sec (attached to skin) 
Compatibility: YSI series 400 temperature probes 
Sterilizable: YES (contact BIOPAC for details) 
Cable: 30 cm 
Dimensions: 9.8 mm (diameter) x 3.3 mm (high) 
Interface: BN-SKT2 only: CH A SKT and/or CH B SKT 

I acquire the skin temperature through Labjack from biopac MP 150 and read the data from labjack to excel through python. The data i get in excel sheet is in voltages. Please suggest me a method to convert the voltage into temperature. I couldn't find any relationship between voltage and temperature.
Below is the link for the equipment I am using to measure skin temperature

#6 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:17 AM

So the temp sensor connects to the MP 150, and the MP 150 outputs a signal that connets to the U3?  In that case you are going to have to find out some details about the MP 150.  The manufacturer of the MP 150 will have to tell you how the voltage output it provides relates to temperature.  For example, the link you sent for the BN-SKT2 looks like it might be saying that 13 to 51 degC corresponds to -10 to +10 volts, but that is not very clear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users