As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

DAC stability problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Patrick S

Patrick S
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:07 AM

I am running a LabJack U3HV.  In testing the DAC0, using the LJControlPanel features,

I am able to set the DAC0 output to any value between 0 - 4.95 Volts and it reads stable

using a multimeter to monitor the voltage.  When I use the eDAC function within my program, the DAC0

output goes to the required value and then begins to float around.  I am also

using the 2 timers set up to monitor a quadrature encoder.  That works

correctly.  A/D functions also work properly.  Is there anything else I should be

setting up to make the DAC0 function stable?

#2 Patrick S

Patrick S
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:09 PM

I have resolved the problem.  I hadn't initially zeroed the output for DAC1 in my initialization procedures.

Once I have done that, the DAC0 signal becomes rock solid.  Live and learn.

#3 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:07 PM

I am not sure about the connection between DAC1 and DAC0 you have noticed.  Unless you are using both in some circuit, DAC0 should work normal regardless of what DAC1 is doing.

Perhaps you were changing the timer clock frequency and getting the problem mentioned in the 4th paragraph here:

http://labjack.com/s...users-guide/2.7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users