As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Wrong wiring U6, damaged U6 OEM

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 evendol

evendol
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:41 AM

Hi,

I made a mistake connecting the Labjack U6 OEM USB cables

In your instructing there was explained to put the U6 with LED's up

with the solder side facing to me. I put the long side down, so the leds where point up.

I didn't note the remark that the black wire should be closest to yellow LED.

Result is that I put the black wire closest to the Green LED and shifting all the USB wire

counter clockwise.

After changing the wires I think now the U6 is damaged as the green light is flashing with 1 or 2

second pauses.

Can this be repaired or is killed now?

Thanks,

Boudewijn Evenhuis

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:05 PM

Remove all connections from the U6 and use a DMM to measure the resistance from VS to GND.  It typically measures 100s of kohms or more.  Measure at any VS/GND screw-terminals, and if possible also measure at the USB connector.

Do all further testing with nothing connected except USB.

Damage is likely, but the fact that the LED is doing some flashing is a good sign.  Can you describe the LED behavior in a little more detail?

Do you think the device is repeatedly resetting?  Do you hear the USB enumeration noise?  If you watch Windows Device Manager do you see a USB entry appearing and disappearing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users