As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

digital out prop delay

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ElectroLund

ElectroLund
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:21 AM

Hello, I'm using a U3 in a system that has a pretty tight requirement for the propagation delay.  I am measuring this propagation between a digital input on one LJ channel, my LabWindows software reading this state and then setting a different LJ digital output channel.

It is important in my application that this delta be in the low miliseconds, but I am measuring anywhere from 5 to 25ms on a very fast Windows 7 desktop.  On another slower Windows XP machine, this same experiment runs as slowly as +100ms.

I have found a few threads here that are similar to what I'm after, but not exactly.  I am wondering if this is purely the fault of the interface between the LJ and my target PCs, and the Nation Instruments software running on that target PC?  I realize there's a lot of overhead between points A to B.  But was just curious if there are low level settings that I should be configuring at the LJ level.

Thanks!

Measurements:

Attached File  Gregs desktop - best case.BMP   300.05KB   658 downloads

Attached File  Gregs desktop - worst case.BMP   300.05KB   658 downloads

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:56 PM

The first thing I would do is see if you can confirm the 600us command/response time you expect from Section 3.1 of the U3 User's Guide.  You can use the U3_AllIO example from the VC6_LJUD archive, and set numChannels=0 so it does not do any analog inputs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users