As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Total time low of a PWM signal over 30 secs?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 user1979

user1979
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:55 AM

Hi,

I am using Labview 2012 , XP, and a U6 module. I need to measure the signal on the .png. I have already measured basic PWM signals with a U6 module with success, but I don't know how to start up with this one, or even if it possible with a U6. As you can see on the .png I need to measure the total time the signal is low over 30 secs. Since the PWM vi example measures time low over only one period at a time, it would miss some low periods over 30 secs.

Do you have an idea how I could make this measure?

Link to the sensor .pdf : http://www.samyoungs...tion DSM501.pdf

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

User

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:34 AM

Sounds like you have used duty-cycle timer input mode:

http://labjack.com/s...s-guide/2.9.1.4

You could do a combined reset & read repeatedly to get all the low times and add them up.

Another possibility is to stream the signal at say 1 kscans/s.  Then in software process 30 seconds of the streamed data to determine how much low time you have.

Another possibility is to put a low-pass filter on the signal to convert it to a DC value, then just measure that with an analog input.

#3 user1979

user1979
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:07 AM

Hello,

Thanks for your quick and accurate solutions. I tried the simplest way for me, your second solution, using Easy Stream Burst. It works fine.

Thanks again.

Regards,

User

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users