As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

LabVIEW Realtime

RT Labview labview RT labview realtime

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BSI

BSI
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:53 AM

Hi,

I am new to this forum and the answer to my question may be somewhere but I did not find it, so I am putting it out there.

Is there a way to run a Labjack DAQ from hardware platform running LabVIEW Realtime ? For instance a singel-board RIO?  It looks like the alternate communication options such as LJSocket may work, but it also shows some windows service being required... Anything like a simple serial , or TCP communication would be ok.

Thx.

L.

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:39 AM

Not very familiar with single-board RIO.  Does it run an operating system with USB support?

If RIO supports TCP, the best option is to use a LabJack that supports TCP.  That would be Ethernet on the UE9, Ethernet on the T7, or Ethernet/WiFi on the T7-Pro.

#3 BSI

BSI
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:49 AM

Hi,

some cRIO devices support USB. The OS is VxWorks, but it is transparent to the LV developper normaly. No problem with TCP, UDP etc... As long as the LabJack device can respond to commands send cia TCP without having to install specific drivers on the embedded computer side...

L

#4 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:00 AM

We don't have a driver for VxWorks, so you would have to handle the USB stuff yourself if you went with USB.

The UE9 and T7 talk direct TCP over Ethernet (and WiFi on the T7-Pro).  In fact, we have native LabVIEW examples for both devices that use pure LabVIEW code with no driver calls or external code access.  These examples just use the normal TCP functions in LabVIEW.  I suggest the new T7 (or T7-Pro) which is better than the UE9 in most ways.  The native examples (LabVIEW_LJMN) are not posted at this time, so email [email protected] to get them if needed.

Communication with the T7 over TCP uses the Modbus TCP protocol, so rather than using our examples you can just use Modbus libraries for LabVIEW.  It appears they are free:

http://sine.ni.com/n...g/en/nid/201711

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: RT, Labview, labview RT, labview realtime

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users