As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Installer issues - No Drivers and blocking process.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gabriel Klein

Gabriel Klein
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:49 PM

Hi, I have Windows 8 64 bits (on a virtual machine). When I try to install LabJack-2013.6.04.exe, the installation process is blocked. "Part of Logos (32 bits)" is the process that block the installation. If I kill this process, I can finish the installation but I get some error messages. Now if I insert my LabJack, I see that no driver is installed. (In Device Manager - LabJack U6) If I install the driver manually (by uncompressiong LabJack-2013.6.04.exe) The driver (....\LabJack-2013.6.04\$_OUTDIR\LabJacka64) is detected, but I have an error "The system cannot find the path specified). I don't see this problem with other drivers/devices (no specific problems). Running LVRunTimeEng.exe directly does not work. Regards, Gabriel

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:13 PM

Hi,

I have Windows 8 64 bits (on a virtual machine).

When I try to install LabJack-2013.6.04.exe, the installation process is blocked.
"Part of Logos (32 bits)" is the process that block the installation.

If I kill this process, I can finish the installation but I get some error messages.

Now if I insert my LabJack, I see that no driver is installed.
(In Device Manager - LabJack U6)

If I install the driver manually (by uncompressiong LabJack-2013.6.04.exe)
The driver (....\LabJack-2013.6.04\$_OUTDIR\LabJacka64) is detected, but I have an error "The system cannot find the path specified).

I don't see this problem with other drivers/devices (no specific problems).
Running LVRunTimeEng.exe directly does not work.

Regards,
Gabriel

I am not sure what "Part of Logos (32 bits)" is, since I don't believe it is something directly listed in the files we install.

Can you give us more information (possibly a screenshot) of when the error occurs? Does it happen only when Additional Applications are selected? I am also curious if our installer here works for you, as it is a basic installer that contains just the driver. What kind of virtual machine is it? They sometimes have issues with things like USB drivers.

#3 Gabriel Klein

Gabriel Klein
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:07 AM

I have finally installed Windows 7 on virtual box and LabJack works perfectly. I have deleted my virtual machine using Windows 8. I think "Part of Logos (32 bits)" is part of an Installer you run in your installer. (Labview 7.1 if I remember).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users