As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Installer hanging

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DanT

DanT
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:56 PM

I am trying to install the U6 driver/code onto a PC loaded with Windows 7. The install proceeds through most of the process, but hangs with a program LVRunTimeEng.exe executing. I have tried a couple of times with the same results. I checked my code dowload seems to be valid. Any suggestions on what might be happening?

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:45 PM

I am trying to install the U6 driver/code onto a PC loaded with Windows 7. The install proceeds through most of the process, but hangs with a program LVRunTimeEng.exe executing. I have tried a couple of times with the same results. I checked my code dowload seems to be valid. Any suggestions on what might be happening?

The first thing I would try is runing the installer in Administrator mode (By right clicking it and selecting "run as administrator"). Other options would be to not check the "Additional Applications" section which installs the LabViewRuntime component.

Another option would be to download the LVRunTimeEng.exe directly from here and see if you can get it installed by itself. If it is already on the system our installer should detect that and skip that step.

#3 Gabriel Klein

Gabriel Klein
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:14 AM

Hi, We have a similar problem. Windows 8, 64 bits. A process called "Part of Logos (32 bit) take ~20% of the CPU. If I kill it I have the message: There is a problem with this Windos installer package..." I have tried with LabJack-2013.6.04.exe and with LVRunTimeEng.exe directly without success. If I extract the driver from your archive. I cannot install the driver. I have the error: "The system cannot find the path specified". It would be great if you can fix the problem as my company bought many of your devices. Some people have issues, but not everyone. Regards, Gabriel

#4 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:15 PM

Hi,

We have a similar problem. Windows 8, 64 bits.

A process called "Part of Logos (32 bit) take ~20% of the CPU.

If I kill it I have the message: There is a problem with this Windos installer package..."

I have tried with LabJack-2013.6.04.exe and with LVRunTimeEng.exe directly without success.

If I extract the driver from your archive. I cannot install the driver.
I have the error: "The system cannot find the path specified".

It would be great if you can fix the problem as my company bought many of your devices.
Some people have issues, but not everyone.

Regards,
Gabriel

Please see the other topic for some suggestions. The first thing I would try is installing our driver-only package and seeing if that has the same issue. It can be found here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users