As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

3.35 UD Driver silent install

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tomdw

tomdw
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:47 PM

We use the labjack integrated in our software. In order to simplify our software update process, we would like to silently install the new version of the ud dot net driver. How can this be done with the new Windows Installation Package ?

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:15 PM

We use the labjack integrated in our software. In order to simplify our software update process, we would like to silently install the new version of the ud dot net driver. How can this be done with the new Windows Installation Package ?

We just updated our silent installer, which can be found here.

It's a bit different than previous versions, as there is only one download. A '/S' switch can be used to put the installer in a silent mode. If it detects .NET it will install the LJUDDotNet library into the GAC automatically, but will not do so if .NET is not detected. Thus, if you are using .NET you should make sure that it is installed before running our installer.

We are looking for feedback on this version so if there is anything that would make it work better for your situation please let us know, either here or through an email to [email protected]

#3 tomdw

tomdw
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:09 AM

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I can't seem to find the download on this page you linked. Or do you mean I have to use the default windows installer package with the /S parameter ?

We just updated our silent installer, which can be found here.

It's a bit different than previous versions, as there is only one download. A '/S' switch can be used to put the installer in a silent mode. If it detects .NET it will install the LJUDDotNet library into the GAC automatically, but will not do so if .NET is not detected. Thus, if you are using .NET you should make sure that it is installed before running our installer.

We are looking for feedback on this version so if there is anything that would make it work better for your situation please let us know, either here or through an email to [email protected]

#4 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:25 AM

I can't seem to find the download on this page you linked. Or do you mean I have to use the default windows installer package with the /S parameter ?

This was a mistake on our end. The installer was uploaded but not set to be visible on the page. That has been fixed and you should now see a download link. The installer on that page can be run with the /S parameter.

#5 tomdw

tomdw
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:30 AM

Thanks.

Our first test where successful. Thanks again for you quick responses.

Tom

This was a mistake on our end. The installer was uploaded but not set to be visible on the page. That has been fixed and you should now see a download link. The installer on that page can be run with the /S parameter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users