As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

LabJack & Android Stick PC

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Michael Thoresson

Michael Thoresson
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:56 AM

Hi Guys, I was wondering if anybody had used a LabJack unit for continuous monitoring using an android stick PC like rikomagic dual or quad core MK802 IIIS/IV Android 4.1 Mini PC? I would like to use it for remote monitoring and performing on-board signal processing which then gets fed through a 3G signal to a website. Any thoughts or lessons learned would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance. Michael

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:49 AM

We have not tested with an Android Stick PC, but considering they have USB hosts you can connect any of our LabJacks. I am not sure what kind of power the Android stick's USB ports provide, but a U3 (our lower power LabJack) draws about 50 mA with no connections. The supply current for our devices can be found in Appendix A of the User's Guide. If power is an issue you can use an externally powered USB hub, or with a UE9 or T7 (when using Ethernet/WiFi) a power supply. Also, note that the UE9 and T7 support TCP communications, so they do not need to be connected to your Android stick. On the software end, currently we do not provide an Android specific driver or software. We provide a Linux USB driver (Exodriver) with source code that requires libusb 1.0, so you can try to compile those for Android, or go the TCP route with a UE9 or T7. If the current libusb 1.0 has issues, try libusbx as I believe it takes Android into account.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users