As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Could Not Claim LabJack

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_Carl_*

Guest_Guest_Carl_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2004 - 10:33 AM

What are some reasons for getting this error ("Could not claim LabJack")? The LabJack is plugged in and it works sometimes, and sometimes i get this error. Any idea what the problem is?

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 11:03 AM

Using old LabJack VIs with LabVIEW 7+ can cause this problem if you do not force sequential execution using dataflow. The other thing that can cause this is running multiple U12 programs at the same time.

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2004 - 01:14 PM

I'm using a flat structure to run a series of different while loops. What usually happens is that i run the program the first time (after plugging the LJ in) and it works ok until the end kinda messes up. But then i dont get any response from the LJ at all after that first go. It might be that the program is still running the first time and never stopped? I dont know, it looks like it stopped. I'm not sure what happens.

#4 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 01:24 PM

What version of LabVIEW? What LabJack driver VIs do you call? Are you sure you are using current VIs? Open up the LabJack driver VIs you are calling in your program, and open up the call library node. Old VIs will be set to "reentrant", while new VIs will all be set to "run in the UI thread". Another way to be sure is to search your entire C drive for "ljackuw.llb" and delete all you find (there will be at least 1). Then dowload and install the latest software from labjack.com. After reinstalling, search your hard disk for "ljackuw50.llb" and delete all you find (you don't want to use the LV5 drivers).

#5 Carl

Carl
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 10:43 AM

LavView 7.0...i attached the file if you want to look at it. I'll try the things you suggested as soon as i can. Thanks.

Attached Files

• Attached File  CODE.vi   105.21KB   804 downloads

#6 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 11:06 AM

I opened your program and it looks like you are using the LV5 VIs. Do the following to clean up your PC: 1) Uninstall the LabJack software. 2) Search your entire C drive for "ljackuw.llb" and delete any you find. 3) Download and install the latest U12 software from labjack.com (U12SetupV118.exe). 4) After reinstalling, search your hard disk for "ljackuw50.llb" and delete all you find (you don't want to use the LV5 drivers, so get rid of them).

#7 zjosua

zjosua
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 03:04 AM

Hi

I get the error 66 as well. It comes from the AISample.vi, which is part of the ljackuw.llb.

However, the ljackuw.llb I'm using didn't come with the "Windows U12 Installer", so I'm using a file I found here.

The error only occurs, when AISample.vi is called as a subVI in my own VI; when I run AISample.vi alone, it works perfectly.

In another post, I've seen that not forcing sequential execution (of LJ accesses?) can lead to this error, but only when using the ljackuw50.llb, which I don't use.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

#8 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 07:50 AM

I don't know anything about the ljackuw.llb source you used.  I suggest you use the one provided by the U12 installer.  Follow the instructions in post #4 or #6 above to clean your machine and reinstall.  Here is a link to get the installer:

http://labjack.com/support/u12

The following has general information about using the U12 with LabVIEW:

https://forums.labja...hp?showtopic=84

#9 zjosua

zjosua
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 06:04 AM

Where does the U12 installer place the ljackuw.llb?

After running the installer, I searched for ljackuw.llb on the whole drive C:\, but didn't find it.

Anyway, I was able to solve the problem with a flat sequence structure.

I placed the AISample.vi and the other LJ subVI, DigitalIO.vi, in seperate frames to enforce sequential execution, and all works smooth now.

Attached File  lju12_test.vi   72.31KB   701 downloads

Apparently, sequential execution is needed with ljackuw.llb VIs as well, not only with the older ones from ljackuw50.llb.

#10 LabJack Rory

LabJack Rory

LabJack Employee

• Admin
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:06 PM

Where does the U12 installer place the ljackuw.llb?

The U12 installer does not currently install ljackuw.llb.

Download the LabVIEW examples and in its LabJack folder you will find the ljackuw.llb file:

http://labjack.com/s...xamples/labview

Either copy that LabJack folder to your LabVIEW's addon folder (<vilib>:\addons) or browse to the ljackuw.llb file when your vi can't initially find it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users