As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Multiple U12 connections

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Akilan

Akilan
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:09 PM

Hi, wanted to control about 800-1000 relays 24VDC using U12, in that case total no of U12 will be around 40-50 Nos. whether its possible to connect via USb HUB, whether the USB will be able to transfer all the digital output (1000) at a single go or the outputs has to be sent sequentially for one DAQ at a time, Kindly suggest on this. I will be using Labview for my application development. Regards Akilan

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:32 PM

USB is specified for 127 devices per host, so using 50 U12s is possible. The most we have tested with on a single host is about a dozen, and we had no problems. USB is a serial bus, so you would talk to them sequentially. Also consider the U3 rather than the U12. Another possibility is using a smaller number of LabJacks to control a bunch of I/O expander chips such as the MCP23S17. What type of relays are they? 5V control and 24V output? Solid-state or mechanical?

#3 Akilan

Akilan
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:22 AM

USB is specified for 127 devices per host, so using 50 U12s is possible. The most we have tested with on a single host is about a dozen, and we had no problems. USB is a serial bus, so you would talk to them sequentially.

Also consider the U3 rather than the U12.

Another possibility is using a smaller number of LabJacks to control a bunch of I/O expander chips such as the MCP23S17.

What type of relays are they? 5V control and 24V output? Solid-state or mechanical?

Realys are mechanical having a coil excitation of 24V Dc. I choose U12 since the digital output high level is 5V, since i will be using
an opto isolator which works on 5V and switches the 24VD.C to the relay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users