As of July 17, 2015, the LabJack forums here at forums.labjack.com are shut down. New registrations, topics, and replies are disabled. All forums are in a read-only state for archive purposes.

Please visit our current forums at labjack.com/forums to view and make new posts. To post on the current forums, use your labjack.com login account. Your old LabJack forums login credentials have been retired. There are no longer separate logins for labjack.com and LabJack forums.

Photo

Random Communication Failure

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dfashbaugh

dfashbaugh
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:41 PM

Hi! Every once in a while my Labjack U3 seems to not be able to connect to the computer. It is plugged into the USB port and just cannot be detected. It is easily fixed by unplugging the Labjack and plugging it back in, however, I would really like to understand the cause of this issue. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them. Thanks, Dylan

#2 LabJack Support

LabJack Support
  • Admin
  • 8677 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:24 PM

Could it be the case where the U3 is fine, but the host has "forgotten" it is connected for some reason? Rather than power-cycling, try to get it going by:

Close all software, go to Windows Device Manager, and find the USB entry for the device. Right-click and "Disable", then right-click and "Enable". If that brings it back, it is a sure sign that the device was fine but the host had indeed suffered a problem.

As to why that or something else might be happening, the first step is usually to remove all wires from the U3, except USB, and see if the problem still occurs. Not sure if that works for your setup.

If you have software running when the problem occurs, and you want to keep things run, try using the U3 watchdog.

The following app note is related:

http://labjack.com/s...ication-failure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users